Experience on Home Studying During Covid-19



The emergence of the corona virus was first detected in early December 2019 in Wuhan or known as COVID-19 which is a type of respiratory disease virus, the corona virus became hot news around the world and suddenly terror threatened people in the world, including Indonesia. On February 14, 2020, the first patient was infected with the corona virus in our country, Indonesia, so the government set COVID-19 to be a national disaster in March 2020. The existence of the Covid-19 virus had a tremendous impact on all fields, one of which is in the field of education. The government has taken swift steps to prevent transmission of the corona virus with home study programs for all students in Indonesia. This fast movement brought about a total change in the education system. This makes many parties have to adapt, including educators. The transition of learning paths for various parties to take part in learning that can be achieved by direct learning has turned into bold learning with the use of technology, and offline learning by giving assignments.

Obstacles that were found during the study from home included the unevenness of the internet and technology. At first, I felt it was difficult because I was not used to this kind of learning method, but over time I was able to adjust. In my opinion, distance learning is less effective because not all students have adequate facilities ranging from less sophisticated cellphones, no internet quota, and signals that are difficult to reach in remote areas. This method does reduce the risk of contracting covid-19, but if you continue to study while staring at the cellphone/laptop/computer screen it can cause damage to the eyes.

Many students complain about studying from home because there are too many assignments and time to put them together too fast. Every day there is always a new assignment given, and usually, I don't do it right away because I am still working on the previous assignment. And also studying from home sometimes makes me bored, miss my friends. because I have to study at home, I can't joke with friends who always make me happy. But the situation is very dangerous. I hope things will recover quickly and return to normal.

During study from home, there are many distractions that interfere with the teaching and learning process. The temptation to watch YouTube videos, access social media, and read news content impulsively was carried out without any prior plan. Therefore, it is important for students to try to focus and be consistent during the set study time. Avoid all kinds of distractions that interfere with the learning process. If possible, designate a special room for study and keep it away from distractions from other family members. The positive impact that I feel includes a time and place that does not require special things. Through the internet, I can study anytime and anywhere. However, the negative impact that I feel as an understanding is that there is no direct practice. I also learned to use the Internet and Youtube. Without adequate YouTube and the internet, learning from home will not go well. During my study at home, I became increasingly acquainted with the benefits of technology in the teaching and learning process. However, while studying at home I could not ask directly to the teacher or friends when there were materials or questions that I did not understand, but I can find answers and explanations on the internet.

I have simple ideas about making home study or online classes feel more fun and easier to learn. First, online classes must maintain good interactivity between educators and students. Educators can carry out interactivity by maintaining direct communication to students such as asking one by one about understanding the material. By asking students one by one in a video conference, students will be more challenged to understand the material. Second, educators can create more varied learning methods such as games, competitive online quizzes (Kahoot), and many more. Educators can use many applications or websites that provide educational games that can be unbeatable. By using this method, students will not be bored with the online class method.

Comments

Popular Posts